Who is wearing leggings or sweats??
Saturday 9: Magic (1980)
1) This 1980 video depicts Olivia Newton-John as a performer in small club. For the past few years, she’s been performing regularly at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. Have you ever been to Las Vegas?
No but, I will go one day.
2) Many tourists who want to get away from the glitz of Vegas travel less than 20 miles to visit Red Rock Canyon. This national park is known for its hiking trails, which provide a view of the desert flora and red rock peaks. Tell us about a time you were impressed by natural beauty.
I could say the last time that I looked in the mirror… ha ha
Flying from Seattle to Chicago on a 6 am departure that took us into the sunrise….
This wasn’t the best photo from the hundred or so that I took. Flying over the Sierras on another trip was pretty awesome too.
3) One of the best-reviewed restaurants in Las Vegas is Andiamo Italian Steak House. When you order a steak, how do you request it be cooked: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done?
I haven’t had steak in at least 10 yeaaars
4) Olivia Newton-John’s father was an officer in MI5, the UK’s secret service. Sam’s most recent encounter with the law didn’t have much drama or intrigue: she asked a cop for directions to the highway. Tell us about the last time you spoke to an officer of the law.
Um….I think there was a cop in the restaurant last week.
5) ONJ was awarded the OBE — Order of the British Empire — by Queen Elizabeth in honor of her contributions to the arts. Here’s your opportunity to boast. What is something you’ve done lately that you received praise for?
I’m waiting to find out.
6) A breast cancer survivor, Olivia helped found a cancer center in her hometown of Melbourne, Australia. When you think of Australia, what comes to mind?
Certain family members- by marriage- who live there.
7) “Magic” was one of the top-selling records of 1980. Also that year, Post-It notes debuted. Do you enjoy shopping for office supplies, or do you consider it a chore?
I usually just shop on Amazon for that stuff.
8) In 1980, the NASA space probe returned the first photos of Saturn back to earth. Do you believe intelligent life forms from other planets are trying to learn more about us?
Honey…I am not even sure there is intelligent life on this planet.
9) Random question: Are you more confident in your looks or your intelligence?
All of the above of course….