Saturday 9: Fist City (1968)
1) This song is about a wife warning another woman off her man. Who received the last warning, of any type, that you issued?
I’m sure I’ve yelled at someone today. It’s only natural right??
2) Loretta sings that when her husband picks up trash, he puts it in a garbage can. She’s being metaphorical, but we will be literal: If you spot litter on the sidewalk, do you pick it up or just walk on?
If the litter came out of a dog that I am walking then I will clean it up.
3) She taught herself to play guitar. If you could learn something new in 2017, what would it be?
How to focus better…
4) She broke her shoulder in a fall and surgery was required to repair it. When were you last in a hospital? Were you a patient or a visitor?
I think it was when my MIL passed away. As an RN, I must say that I do not like hospitals much.
5) In the 1970s, Loretta Lynn was the first country singer to appear on the cover of Newsweek. Who is your favorite country singer?
Um….isn’t Sheryl Crow doing country these days??
6) Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In premiered in 1968, when this song was popular. What’s the last TV show you watched? Did you watch it live, did you stream it, or catch it on DVR/Tivo?
Channel 5 Gal…wth?
7) In 1968, Jacqueline Kennedy shocked the world by marrying Greek billionaire Aristotle Onassis.What’s the last thing you heard that surprised you?
Must we go there again?
8) 1968’s top-rated car was the Chevy Corvette. Could your car benefit from a trip to the car wash this morning?
9) Random question: You’re staying in a hotel and find you can faintly hear the couple in the next room. Would you ignore their voices, or try to hear them better?
When we were first starting out we lived in the middle level of a 3 level condo building. One day the quiet single dude upstairs fell in love. Lemme tell ya– girlfriend was a moaner/screamer. Unfortunately, I had a baby.