Saturday 9: I Won’t Last a Day without You (1972)
1) This song makes reference to rainbows. Have you seen one lately?
About a month ago.
2) When Sam heard this song, it occurred to her that she wouldn’t last a day without a game of online Yahtzee. What little commonplace pleasure reliably brightens your day?
3) Richard Carpenter was emphatic that his group’s name was “Carpenters,” NO “the.” Whenever he hears the group referred to as “The Carpenters,” it gets on his nerves. What little commonplace annoyance reliably sets you off?
Freaking Liberty Mutual Commercials!
4) Karen Carpenter said she drank iced tea all day long. What beverage do you think you’ll have with your next meal?
Vino I hope
5) “I Won’t Last a Day without You” was written by Oscar-winning composer Paul Williams. He also tried his hand at acting, most notably appearing with Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit. Back in the 1970s, the three movies in the Smokey series were very popular. Have you seen any of them?
Nope. Wasn’t my thang.
6) This song was recorded in 1973 by Diana Ross. Now in her 70s, Miss Ross is still going strong with a busy calendar of appearances in 2017. What’s your favorite Diana Ross song?
Had to Google it…probably like most everyone else reading this…and found this
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
7) In 1972, the year this song was popular, the United States and the United Kingdom joined forces and launched the Copernicus satellite. Today it’s remembered for the discovery of long-period pulsars. Crazy Sam got bored writing this question. Do you enjoy reading about science?
Can’t imagine how Sam got bored…
I do enjoy science- some more than others.
8) Before Michael Phelps, Mark Spitz was American’s premier Olympic swimmer. In 1972 he won seven Gold Medals. After making millions in endorsements and TV appearances, he settled into a career as a realtor in Los Angeles. Are you contemplating a change in residence any time soon? If you move, will you be consulting a realtor?
lol…that would mean having to get rid of a lot of CrAp in this house, most of which is not mine.
9) Random question: Which of these is completely, 100% UNTRUE of you — boring, lazy or stupid?
um….maybe I’m a bit boring but, who cares right?? I’m not really lazy unless it’s after 8pm. I am grateful for my three digit IQ as well.