Saturday 9: Stars and Stripes Forever by The Muppets
Memorial Day is the federal holiday designated to honor American service people who died in battle. Though our song choice is humorous, we honor their sacrifice in our hearts.
1) Memorial Day was introduced after the Civil War. War memorials, as well as the graves of veterans, are to be decorated with flags and flowers on this day to show our appreciation. Is there a war memorial in your neighborhood?
Just the one in my storage of things from my dad’s visit to Europe.
2) Andrew Johnson, our 17th President, was in office the first time Memorial Day (then called Decoration Day) was celebrated. Have you ever met one of our 45 Presidents?
3) According to the AAA, 36 million Americans will hit the road this weekend and drive more than 50 miles. Will you be traveling far from home this weekend?
nada- I have a busted knee…
4) Memorial Day kicks off the summer season. What’s your favorite picnic food?
5) Have you packed away your winter clothes? Or is the weather still so changeable that you still may need something warm?
Not completely since I can’t do steps at the moment.
6) As you answer these questions, is there an air conditioner or fan on?
Both a/c and ceiling fan
7) This week, we are featuring the Muppets. Jim Henson made the first Muppet out of an old coat, and he used ping pong balls for the eyes. Do you have a talent for do-it-yourself/arts and crafts projects?
Sometimes, I think that I do..lol
8) Random question: Think of the last thing you bought. Did you get a good deal?
T-shirts at Kohl’s online using Kohl’s Cash. They sent me more in an effort to suck me into the Kohl’s Cash Vortex.
9) Crazy Sam needs your help: What song or a performer would you like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer? You’ll begin seeing your suggestions as Saturday 9 themes in mid-June. Thanks!
Roger Moore- not that he sang- did he?
Gosh…it’s like we’ve done them all or something…
Yoko Ono lol
Ariana Grand who ever the freak she is.