Saturday 9: The Tide Is High (1980)
1) This song was originally performed in 1966 by a Jamaican band called The Paragons. Jamaica is the most popular vacation destination in the Caribbean. What’s your ideal vacation? (Relaxing on the beach, sightseeing in a new city, skiing the slopes, spending time with family, etc.)
Gosh, I am kind of beach-burnt out. My bucket list does contain visiting the National Parks….while we still have some …right?
2) In this song, Debbie Harry sings that she’s not the kind of girl who gives up easily. How about you? Do you hang on stubbornly? Or do you know when to say “when?”
Dude, I just read that Debbie Harry is 71 years old. WTH?
Some stuff is just not worth it….(answer to the question)
3) Blondie is a group that took it’s name from the lead singer’s most identifiable characteristic, her hair. If your band was named after your hair, what would it be called?
4) Before her career as a singer took off, Debbie supported herself as a waitress. She even served drinks while wearing bunny ears and tail at The Playboy Club. Have you ever worked in food service?
Um… yep.. a whole lot these days too….
Let’s just say that I scrape a lot of plates.
5) Debbie points to David Bowie as a major influence on her music and career. What’s your favorite Bowie song?
Changes is the first one that comes to mind.
6) In 1980, when this song was popular, the best selling issue of Rolling Stone featured Robert Redford on the cover. Who is your all-time favorite actor?
Well.. Paul passed and Brad is flaming out for me. George is taken… Bradly has done a few duds despite his pretty eyes…. Groucho sounds safe right now.
7) In 1980, Ted Turner revolutionized how we watch TV when he introduced CNN. Do you have any subscriptions services in addition to cable — like Hulu, Amazon Prime or Netflix?
Yep… I do. We have come a long way since UHF & VHF.
8) John Lennon was murdered in 1980. Today there’s a specially landscaped section of Central Park called Strawberry Fields in his honor. If you had a day to spend in New York, what would you want to see?
I love Central Park. I have not seen the Highline and that is on my must-see list for my next visit.
9) We’re going shopping! Which do you need to add to your wardrobe: underwear, shoes or a swimsuit?
I can’t get enough of skechers d’lites. I wear them to work and they are comfy and they make me kinda almost tall(er). Less short.
I’ve been working a lot of weekends at the restaurant. By weekends, I mean Fridays- Sundays. I will comment when I get home from work.