Mama Can’t Buy You Love (1979)
1) This week’s artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters — one of France’s highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What’s the most recent compliment you received?
“Your color turned out really nice”
Got blonded this week.
2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
Far as I know
3) In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia?
NO as in HELLNO
4) Elton and his mother hadn’t spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their beach in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know?
I do not usually go around asking people their ages as I do not enjoy the question myself.
We have a few regular customers WELL OVER 90 though.
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother’s Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
Well I’ve been planting my seedlings this week. I got sidelined by an injure so I am hoping to finish soon.
I pulled a ligament in my knee yesterday. I am not on crutches and really ticked off as we are having a weekend of perfect weather. This really sucks. I stepped on a tennis ball that my fetching and not so bright dog left on the floor. uuugggg…..
6) Mother’s Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick’s Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from “Congratulations on Your New Job” to “Happy Retirement.” Who received the most recent card you bought?
Probably a birthday card.
7) Sam’s mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize.
I recycle regularly. Hope that counts.
8) Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty?
I use them and then wash them.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on — twin, full, queen or king?
Queen- which seems to shrink in size with each jumping up canine…