Saturday 9: Lazy Bones (1975)
1) This song is about a guy who’d rather nap than do his chores. Are there things you should be doing right now, instead of hanging around the blogosphere, answering these questions?
You have no idea honey….
2) This song mentions a lazy afternoon of fishing. When did you last go fishing?
3) The lyrics catch our hero sleeping in both the sun and the shade. Do you have a nice, shady place to nap on your front lawn? Or would we catch you lying in the sun?
My backyard has some good spots. But then again, I have dogs with wet noses and tongues.
4) This week’s featured artist, Leon Redbone, is a difficult man to nail down. Over the years he’s claimed to be born in Ontario, and Philadelphia, and even Cyprus. Tell us about a time you got caught in a fib.
Something I am sure about crowd sizes. Or maybe it was global warming.
5) Mr. Redbone has said that taking himself too seriously would be “the gentle kiss of death.” What’s something that you always take seriously and just can’t joke about?
My freaking bum knee that needs to get back to normal already.
6) He has retired from public life, and that includes his Facebook page, which is no longer available. What did you last post to your Facebook page?
About a month ago some repost that I saw.
7) Leon always wore dark glasses when he performed. Do your sunglasses have gray, green, brown or rose colored lenses?
Transition glasses that I always wear.
8) Recently Dick Van Dyke performed this song at a charity benefit, aided by his a capella quartet, The Vantastix. Last year, at age 90, he campaigned for Bernie Sanders. So Mr. Van Dyke is certainly not a “lazy bones.” Who’s the most active, energetic person in your life?
I was once….
9) Random question: You’re at dinner with friends and someone begins a very long joke with, “Stop me if you’ve heard this before.” You have heard it, many times before. Do you stop him? Or do you just sit through it again?
My kind of friends just blab it out without any disclaimers.