Saturday 9: I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
From the archives
1) This week’s song was performed by James Cagney in the famous movie of the same name. Do you plan on going to the movies this holiday weekend?
My son wants to see Wonder Woman so perhaps I will too.
2) Though known for his larger-than-life screen presence, Cagney was only 5’5″. How tall are you?
3) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits this holiday weekend?
Is the wind orange these days? Did the Cubs win the world series last year? Was Cheerios made for small hands?
4) American history was one of Crazy Sam’s best subjects in school. Science was her worst. In which class did you earn your worst grades?
Probably PE. I was a rebel.
5) The Fourth of July means we’re in the middle of summer. Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
I try to be.
6) Mosquito bites can be a major summer annoyance. Are you scratching any itches right now?
7) Emergency rooms report an increase in wrist injuries in summer, with people falling off bikes and skateboards and jamming their wrists catching hard-hit softballs. Have you recently been to the ER or Urgent Care?
HA HA HA HA HA-good one!
8) New York is home to Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest every year on the 4th. Will hot dogs be consumed in your household this weekend?
I get those turkey dogs from Aldi. They are really good surprisingly.
9) Atlanta hosts a 10K Peachtree Road Race every 4th of July. Are you a runner?
Was before I blew out my knee. That ended that.