Saturday 9: As Long as We Got Each Other (Theme from Growing Pains)
… because it’s Father’s Day weekend
1) This is the theme from the 1980s sitcom, Growing Pains. Alan Thicke played Dr. Jason Seaver, one of TVs popular dads. Who is your favorite TV dad?
2) Joanna Kearns, who played Jason’s wife, reports that she teased her costar by calling him, “Al,” a nickname he hated. Is there someone in your life that you enjoy needling?
Not really these days. I am not perfect.
3) For most of the series, the Seaver children each represented a “type.” The oldest, Mike, was the trouble maker. The daughter, Carol, was the brainiac. Young Ben could be very high maintenance. Which of the Seaver kids were you most like when you were growing up?
None really. I was always pretty laid back. Still am to some extent.
4) In the song, BJ Thomas sings about being “the luckiest dreamer who never quit dreaming.” If you could have any dream come true this Saturday, what would you wish for?
My knee to be 100% better so that I can get on with my life already.
Thanks for this question btw.
5) When he mans the grill, Sam’s father proudly wears the “Kiss the Chef” she gave him for Father’s Day years ago. Tell us about a gift you gave someone that was a hit.
Gave my son money when he (finally) graduated.
6) Sam’s dad takes his grilling very seriously and jealously guards his special marinade recipe. Do you have a secret you haven’t even shared with family members?
That I really need a glass of wine right now… 🙂
7) He recommends using a grill basket when barbecuing vegetables so you don’t have to worry about them falling through the grill. Share one of your culinary tips with us.
Um…. clean up your mess as you work. You’ll be happy that you did in the end. Am I right??
8) Sam’s father hates it when she swears. What’s the last curse word you used?
Probably an F bomb or two.
There has been a lot of um…er… in the news this week.
9) Sam’s father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually want something sweet or salty?
Sweet in the first half of the day and salty in the second half. Go figure.