Saturday 9: The Joker (1973)
because Stacy recommended it.
1) In this song, Steve Miller claims he’s a picker, grinner, sinner, lover, smoker and joker. Do any of those six words describe you?
uuuhhhh… I’m a blogger,a dog lover, a cleaner upper, a not lotto winner, never a sinner… but certainly an answer winner…lame I know…
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
2) He maintains he’s still a midnight toker. When’s the last time you got high?
Depends on how you define “high”. Getting good deals, walking without a cane or brace, and eating popcorn gets mfa “high” these days.
3) The lyrics include a reference to peaches. Name your favorite fruit.
Roma Tomatoes. Although, some folks maintain that they are a veggie.
4) This song had a big impact on the character of Joey on Friends, who had an imaginary friend named Maurice with the occupation of space cowboy. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
I have my suspicions about Sam but, don’t tell her.
5) Steve Miller is the pride of Milwaukee, WI. What else is Milwaukee famous for?
Beer and pretzels. Oh, and a crappy football team lol.
6) Steve Miller considers himself a serious blues guitarist. When did you last feel like singing the blues?
When I was lying on the ground in pain after flying from tripping on a squeaky tennis ball that some dog left on a step and who also proceeded to clean my face for me while I was in pain.
7) In 1973, when this song was popular, you could buy a portable 8-track tape player for $44.50. On what device do you listen to music most often?
Probably my phone.
8) A Curious George book packaged with a Curious George plush toy was a big seller at Christmas 1973. Tell us about a toy — either given or received — that brightened a holiday or birthday for you.
As a kid? I really only got suckie stuff as a kid. These days I gotta buy my own stuff to get what I really like.
9) M*A*S*H was one of TV’s top-rated shows in 1973. Who is your favorite M*A*S*H character?
Duh. Henry Blake.
Wonder Woman was really good btw.
Thanks for visiting 🙂