Saturday 9: Start Me Up (1981)
… because Kwizgiver recommended The Rolling Stones
1) That’s a goat wearing a high heel. What’s on your feet as you answer these questions?
UGG Slippers. They’re amazing too!
2) More fashion: In the video for this song, Mick is wearing white pants with an elastic waistband. Are you wearing a belt as you answer these questions?
3) In this song, Mick pleads, “Don’t make a grown man cry.” When is the last time you shed a tear?
When I sweat some mascara in my eye the other day while working in my yard.
4) Keith Richard has said this is a song he could play “forever and ever.”
What in your life doesn’t get old, no matter how often you do it?
Listening to the Stones. Like hth old are they anyway? You know there have been a few prostate scares between them.
5) While The Rolling Stones enjoy performing songs, like this one, from Tattoo You, Mick Jagger has dismissed the songs from their 1967 album Their Satanic Majesties Request as “rubbish.” Do you have a favorite Rolling Stones song?
Angie or Wild Horses. Sometimes, they sound alike however.
6) This recording of “Start Me Up” features a cowbell. Do you remember which Saturday Night Live host made, “More cowbell!” a catchphrase?
No but, I know who made “I can see Russia” a catchphrase.
7) Bassist Bill Wyman once said he thought he should have been a archivist because he loved to make lists. Do you have a to-do list?
Like 50 of them scattered all over my desk…oh and the one on my desktop.
8) Mick finds it hard to stand still when he sings, not only on stage but also in the studio. The engineer for this song reports that Mick would have to run across the room to get back to the microphone for his vocal. Are you more fidgety, or still?
Depends on how much Coke Zero I’ve consumed before noon.
9) Random question: Do you believe men are inherently more sensible than women?
Is this about that darn Google idiot? Now he’s going to sue. Look who is sensitive now #loser #willneverdateagain.
Anyone else done with the news this week? If everyone would just do their job(s) instead of looking for ways to eff stuff up, the world would actually rotate in a peaceful matter. Do we see any women partaking in this stuff btw??
ps. If you can read this then that means we have not been obliterated yet.