Saturday 9: Da Doo Ron Ron (1977)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song begins by stating that he met her on a Monday and his heart stood still. How did your past week start? It may be a lot to expect you to report that you met someone who made your heart stand still, but did anything noteworthy occur?
um…. we celebrated our 1 year anniversary in our restaurant which was topped off with a busted fridge that cost me 5 grand to replace. My coworkers did surprise us with all kinds of goodies though 🙂
2) While making hit records, Shaun Cassidy also starred as Joe Hardy on the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books have been popular with generations of American kids. Were you a fan?
I was. What ever happened to him? Huh..wikepedia says that he is still around and is a producer. Go figure..
3) Shaun went to Beverly Hills High School. Over the decades, BHHS has had many good footballs teams. Do you remember what sports your school excelled at?
In high school??? lol. We actually has a smoking lounge and I excelled at walking out there. What a dumb idea all of that was. Thank goodness folks have evolved. Although, there was a hs shooting not to far away this week.
4) Shaun followed his older half-brother, David Cassidy, into TV/records/teen stardom. Do you have siblings? If yes, what career paths did they follow?
Yes, everyone else seems to be retired now. Retirement seems to be a nice career path doesn’t it?
5) His middle name is Paul, after his maternal grandfather. Tell us something about one of your grandparents.
They are sadly no longer with us. The only one that I met was a grandfather who passed away when I was about 6 months old.
6) Shaun’s mother, actress Shirley Jones, reports that he was more than 3 weeks late and born by Cesarean. Have you heard family legends about your arrival into the world?
I was indeed a forceps baby. My father would not know about this since he was waiting in the waiting room for me to come out. My brother was pissed because when they brought mfa home instead of the bb gun he wanted. That certainly sums up the relationship that resulted from that one.
7) “Da Doo Ron Ron” was originally recorded by The Crystals. Can you think of another song that has been a hit by more than one artist?
Ha- now it’s stuck in your mind!
8) In 1977, when this version of “Da Doo Ron Ron” was popular, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you Mac or Android?
9) Random Question: You’re exhausted. You collapse into bed and are about to drift into slumber when you hear the drip-drip-drip of the bathroom faucet. Would you kick off the covers and go turn it off? Or would you stay in bed, letting it drip until morning?
Dude- I got one of those beds in a box. It’s amazing!
I would probably turn the water off.