Last week I was visiting my son and attempted to help out his town’s economy. I did a good job at that too.
So, I will try a S-18. Sorry if you think that I am messing with you.
Saturday 9: Turn Me Loose (1959)
1) In this song, Fabian sings he has change in his pocket. Every evening, Sam puts her change in the piggy bank on her kitchen counter. Do you do anything special with your coins? Or do they just jingle/jangle in your wallet or pocket until you spend them?
I usually leave them with the cashier to pay things forward. I do have a piggy bank though.
2) Fabian got his start because his neighbor in Philadelphia owned a record label and thought 14-year-old Fabian had the looks to be a teen idol. Tell us about a time recently when you were in the right place at the right time.
With some silly fb thread today.
3) His record label paid Fabian $30 week to study singing after school. What jobs/chores did you have when you were in high school? Did they prepare you for your eventual career?
I babysat, worked at a store (Best & Co lol), and for one week I worked at a local movie theater (think all the popcorn you can eat and diet coke you can drink until the manager finds out you have another job and she no longer needs your services).
4) In 1959 he appeared on the cover of now-defunct magazines like Teen Screen and Dig. Who and what did you read about when you were a teenager?
17 magazine and Mademoiselle.
5) In the 1960s he moved from singing to acting. In 1965 he appeared in Ten Little Indians, a screen adaptation of an Agatha Christie mystery. Have you ever read an Agatha Christie book?
I think so….
6) In 1973, in an attempt to jumpstart his career, he appeared nude in Playgirl magazine. By the time it hit the newsstands, he regretted it. Tell us about a time you were very embarrassed.
When I once read that magazine in college.
7) In 1959, when this song was popular, most women wore nylons on a daily basis and the average price per pair was $1. What socks or leg wear — if any — do you have on right now?
some black short Reebok socks with my Birkenstocks.
8) 1959 also saw the premiere of The Twilight Zone on CBS. 58 years later, you can still see the show in reruns. Are you a fan?
I was at one time.
9) Random Question: While we’re talking about TV … Sam finds it disturbing that her brother claims he’s seen every episode of Bad Blood, a show devoted to family members who have murdered their relatives. Do you enjoy “true crime” reality shows?
Sure if you mean what the Cubs did to the Cards recently or what everyone seems to be doing to my Bears.
1) Chattanooga is Tennessee’s fourth largest city. Have you ever visited Tennessee? If so, where did you go and what did you see?
I have passed through on my way to and from Florida on many occasions staying there overnight or using a ladies room.
Since Glenn Miller’s recording of “Chattanooga Choo-Choo” was awarded the first-ever gold record, we’re going to devote the next questions to your firsts.
2) What was the first award or accolade you ever won?
ppfffttt…. I have zero idea. Graduating junior high?
3) We know about your blog. But which was the first social media site that you posted to? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, MySpace …)
I had a facebook account when it was for college students only because I was taking classes at the local college and had a college email address. To this day that pisses off my kids…I was first on Twitter too!!
4) Where did you go on your first plane ride?
Miami. Back in the day when you ‘deplaned’ onto the runway.
5) Tell us about your first cell phone.
One of those big fat brick things. We still have it too. I’m wondering if it would even work.
6) Tell us about your first tattoo: Where is it on your body? Where did you have it done? What does it depict?
Do you think any of us middle aged broads have tatts? Oh yeah..the teacher does.
I have a few random scars.
7) How old were you when you had your first piercing?
Like 8. My sister took me to Carson’s where they used a hole puncher looking thing to pierce my ears. Then in college, on a double dare, I put second holes in. They were popular then. I think one hole is still open too.
8) What had you been drinking the first time you suffered a hangover?
See the second half of the last question. lol.
9) Was your first ticket for parking or was it a moving violation?
YAY!!! Ticket free. I still have to take the damn vision test though… yuck.