Saturday 9: Get Down Tonight (1975)
1) Tonight, KC has three things on his “to-do” list: do a little dance, make a little love and get down. Tell us three things you’d like to accomplish this weekend.
Wine tonight. Clean tomorrow. Work on Sunday.
2) This week’s song is considered emblematic of disco, a genre that had as many detractors as fans. Is there a kind of music you simply cannot stand?
It’s a toss between rap and country.
3) Before becoming a musician, KC, aka Harry Casey, worked in a record store. In those days, record stores were very popular. Peaches, Coconuts, Sam Goody and Tower Records are four store chains that once dotted the landscape but now are gone. Today, if you wanted to purchase a CD, where would you turn?
I haven’t bought one in years. Who still sells them?
4) One of his duties at the record store was unloading the big corrugated shippers filled with LPs. What’s the heaviest thing you’ve lifted lately?
This stupid case of beer that my husband dumped into my garage to empty his car out. uuugggg…. so I moved it to his pile of crap inside the house so that he would trip on it and get it out of the dang house. It’s a kind of beer that is specific to a certain kind of employee that we have working for us. Well guess what is sitting in my garage underneath of a towel right now. Guess what is getting tossed onto the driveway while I clean the garage tomorrow
5) KC is proud that he’s lived his entire life in Miami-Dade County. Do you expect to change your address in the next year or so?
6) In 1975, the year this song was popular, former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared, never to be seen again. Many theories flourish about what may have happened to him. Is there a famous criminal case that has a hold on your attention?
At the moment… probably something that has to do with either Russia, perverts or a perverted excon/’pardened’ douchbag in Alabama.
7) Jaws was the most popular movie of 1975. Are you afraid of sharks?
We don’t really have sharks here. I’m afraid of dog tongues when I am lying on the floor though. That’s like the same thing.
8) Actress Angelina Jolie was born in 1975. People magazine once named her “most beautiful.” Who is the most beautiful woman you can think of?
I just cannot think of anyone at the moment.
9) Random question: A wizard offers you a choice — would you like your life to stay as it is right now (in terms of your health, your career, your relationships and your finances) for the next 5 years, or would you like to take a chance that the future will be brighter?
Wow. I’m grateful for what I have.