Saturday 9: Suddenly I See (2005)
1) This song is a tribute to Patti Smith, the rocker who inspired KT Tunstall. What woman who has inspired you?
Wonder Woman. Now I actually want to see those movies.
2) In this video, you can see a turntable and an LP. When is the last time you played a record?
I absolutely have no idea.
3) Growing up, Ms. Tunstall seldom sang at home because her father is severely hearing impaired and music interfered with his sensitive hearing aid. Do you, or does anyone in your family, wear a hearing aid?
My husband has a disease called selective hearing. Does yours too???
4) In high school, she got experience performing on street corners. Have you ever tipped a street musician?
We use to get my son to practice his saxophone by throwing coins into his case while he practiced. It was a great way to get rid of that bulky change. He got pretty good too. Not that he has touched the thing in 10 years.
5) When this song was popular, Microsoft introduced the Xbox 360 to North America. Are you into gaming?
Because I need one more thing to do in my day…
6) In 2005, Prince Charles married his long-time love, Camilla Parker Bowles. At the time of their wedding, 73% of Brits said they disapproved of her. Today, her popularity has increased somewhat and her disapproval has dropped to 55%. Do you know anyone who married someone you didn’t like? Did their spouse grow on you with time?
It’s really not my job to judge others and their relationships as I don’t really know, or want to know, everything going on in someone their home. Plus, I’ve got my own problems.
7) Harry Potter ad the Goblet of Fire was popular in theaters. Who is your favorite “Harry Potter” character?
I am not a fan. Sorry.
8) In 2005, YouTube was introduced by three young men who met while working at PayPal. What’s the last thing you paid for using PayPal?
Probably something on Amazon.
9) Random Question: After a long, exhausting day of travel, you check into a motel. The room is not at all to your liking. It’s next to the ice machine, so you can hear cubes dropping noisily into metal buckets. Your view is of the parking lot. The bathtowels and thin and tiny. In short, you feel like you’re being ripped off. Do you grab your bag, turn on your heel and check out, hoping there are better accommodations nearby? Or do you say, “What the hell, it’s only one night,” and climb into bed?
Depends on if there are bugs. If not, I will most likely stay the night and then bail in the morning. I don’t really stay at those kinds of places any more. Thank goodness…. now my son has an Extended Stay story though…
Stay Cool. Anyone do anything fun for Halloween??