Saturday 9: It’s Just Another New Year’s Eve (1977)
Welcome to the last Saturday 9 of 2017! Thanks for a great year, everyone.
Thank you Gal… and all of the regulars. Could you imagine life without S-9?
I was hanging with my son last week. Sorry I missed ya’ll.
1) In this song, Barry Manilow declares New Year’s Eve is “just another night.” How do you feel about 12/31? Is it a special occasion or just another night?
Just another night.
To be honest, I’m tired of all this stuff that reminds us that we are a year older.
I am kinda glad that there is new life in CNN’s coverage of New Year’s Eve.
2) Barry sings that in the past year, “we’ve made mistakes.” What in 2017 do you wish you could do over?
Not accidentally step on the squeaky dog toy ball that tore my LCL and ruined my knee/summer.
3) He also sings of happy nights with friends. Tell us about a really good time you had in the past year.
I really had a nice time hanging out with my son in his apartment last week. I also enjoyed all of the shopping there is to do there. Sure wish that we had a Trader Joe’s here.
4) The song references growing wiser, as well as older. What’s something you learned or discovered in 2017?
That my kids can survive on his own.
5) What do you wish you had spent more time doing during 2017?
6) What was the smartest thing you did all this past year?
Switch my blogging perspective.
7) As this year comes to a close, what are you most grateful for?
That I did switch my blogging perspective.
8) When this week’s featured artist, Barry Manilow, was a jingle writer, he wrote the famous “You deserve a break today at McDonald’s” song. When’s the last time you visited the Golden Arches?
I was driving up to see my son in October and stopped at one with my daughter. Unfortunately, it was in Wisconsin and I ordered a Diet Coke which came in a cup with the Packer’s schedule on it. Lol. We all know how that worked out for them.
9) Random question: In high school, were you more popular with the boys or the girls?
Certainly not the boys.
Welp. It’s snowing out there. That mild December that we were enjoying is long gone as is 2017.
I sure hope that folks will learn how to get along better in 2018 and that the creeps out there will get what they deserve.
Anyone doing anything fun on New Years?
Nope. The usual here.
See ya next week/year 🙂