aturday 9: My Church (2016)
1) This song is about a woman who loves singing along with her car radio. Is that something you enjoy?
I have in the past.
2) The video begins with Maren Morris finishing her cigarette before getting behind the wheel. Do you allow smoking in your car?
I’m not sure that I know of anyone who smokes that would be in my car.
3) In this song, Maren admits she’s lied. What’s the last fib you told?
That I would be in the restaurant at a certain time when I knew dang well that I would not.
4) She mentions having her radio on the FM dial. Are you loyal to a single radio station? Or do you spin the dial?
Radio here really sucks. The decent classic rock stations seem to have gone country. Who does that? Anyway, I’ve been tapping into my son’s Tidal account.
5) Maren was inspired to write this song while on a long car trip from Nashville to Los Angeles. When do you get your best ideas? (In the shower, behind the wheel, over lunch with friends …)
Lying in bed.
6) She performed this song on Saturday Night Live last year. The host that week was John Cenna. Do you follow professional wrestling?
My son in into MMA. I have been an accidental witness to a few bouts as a result.
7) In 2016, when this song was popular, Alex Rodriguez played his final Major League Baseball game. He has embarked on a second career as a broadcaster. Would you be comfortable on camera?
Nope. I hate that stuff.
8) A 2016 study revealed that 43% of Americans own mutual funds, many in their 401(k)s and IRAs. Are you involved in the stock market?
Yes. I am one of those people.
9) Random question: You have something awkward and embarrassing that you simply must tell a pal. You know your friend will not be happy with the news. Would you prefer to deliver it by email, in a phone call, or face to face?
Um….I’d probably think about doing it in person and then just forget thanks to mental–pause.
Anyone have snow on the ground?
They keep threatening it here. Yet, the south got hit. Go figure. No complaints thought.
Kudos to Gal for keeping this stuff going as we all know how hard it would be to find fresh stuff. Could be why I’m always pushing the Gilligan’s Island stuff. Good thing I’m not in charge.