Saturday 9: Silent Night (1957)
1) How well do you know “Silent Night?” Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Elvis?
I get lost after the ‘holy night’ thing.
2) The Christmas with Elvis album hit the stores in October 1957. Were you already preparing for Christmas back in October?
Good gravy no.
3) Clearly Elvis liked a flocked white Christmas tree. Is your tree flocked, aluminum or pine green? Real or artificial? Or do you skip the whole tree thing altogether?
Fake and prelit. I’m too old and tired for the other thing.
4) Back in the late 1950s, Elvis left his hair its natural brown color. In the 1960s he began having it dyed black. Do you have a salon appointment scheduled between now and year end?
No. This is totally real and natural….every 6-8 weeks.
5) Have you ever peeked, looking for a Christmas gift you know is hidden for you somewhere in the house?
You are assuming that someone else, the other person living in this house, has done their shopping. It’s not like he doesn’t have over a week to go or anything. Heck- I had a birthday this week and am still waiting for my gift.
Thank goodness for generous canines…
6) Which do you prefer, candy canes or gingerbread?
7) Is anyone receiving a home made or do-it-yourself gift from you this year?
If you call putting items into gift bags “home made or do-it-yourself” then yes.
8) Do you wrap holiday gifts in paper, or do you take the gift bag route?
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here’s your chance to plug a cause or organization that’s near and dear to you.
The Saturday 9 Fund.
So I’m heading to my son’s next weekend because the cold is just not cold enough here and highs in the teens just sounds so yummy right now…. Hopefully, I’ll see ya’ll next Saturday.