Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1991)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Ms. Kitt sings that her lover is her favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you’re sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing created by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)
I have a framed thing on my wall that says “Act like a Lady…Think like a Boss”.
2) She asks him to not change his hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist’s chair?
The end of the month I believe.
3) Ms. Kitt always wanted to be a performer and attended the New York School of Performing Arts (aka the “Fame” school). Think back to your high school self. In what ways would you be surprised by how your life turned out?
I’d be living where I am living and for how long I have been living here.
4) Ms. Kitt took over the role of Catwoman on TV’s Batman. Name another Batman villain.
The other Catwoman. Julie Newmar. Both were great. Ms Kitt however, was Perrrrrrrrfect though
5) Ms. Kitt enjoyed tremendous success performing in Parisian nightclubs. Have you ever been to Paris?
This is the last Saturday 9 before Valentine’s Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.
6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for next Wednesday?
7) The phrase “wear your heart on your sleeve” began in medieval times. On Valentine’s Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love’s name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?
My dying dog.
8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. What’s the last greeting card you received?
My sister sent me a Valentine’s Day Card. It will most likely be the only one that I will get.
9) Men buy and send more roses at Valentine’s Day than women do. What’s your favorite flower?
Did I mention that my daughter got a ring?
She will be getting married next fall.