We’re gearing up for the Puppy Bowl!!
Saturday 9: Boat Drinks (1979)
1) Jimmy Buffett is singing about his bandmates watching hockey in a sports bar. Since it’s Super Bowl weekend, our first question is: In cold weather, which sport to you watch most: football, hockey, or basketball?
2) Jimmy sings it’s just 20º outside. How high will the mercury reach where you are today?
It’s not so much the temperature as it is the wind chill..
3) “Boat drinks” are mixed drinks designed to enhance the enjoyment of a boat ride or time on the beach. Popular boat drinks include The Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, and Mimosa. When did you last sip an alcoholic beverage? Was it a boat drink?
I’m not sure that I have ever had a boat drink now that I think about it. I did have wine the other night though.
4) Jimmy met his wife, Jane, in Key West at a bar called The Chart Room. Have you ever been to Key West?
5) Have you ever met anyone worth knowing at a bar?
My husband. Does that count?
6) While Keith Richard and Paul McCartney have made cameo appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Jimmy Buffet has not. Producers have asked him, but he’s always had to decline because of his touring schedule. Have you seen any of the Pirates/Jack Sparrow movies?
I think when my kids were younger I did.
7) When Jimmy gave the commencement address at the University of Miami, he showed up in flip-flops. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
Did he blow out a flip flop? heehee
I do- lined with sheepskin of course.
8) Jimmy has his own station on Sirius Radio. Do you subscribe to Sirius?
No. I’m not in my car enough although, I do tap into my son’s Tidal when I need to.
9) Random question: What trend or fad from your youth do you hope never makes a comeback?
I think about every fad has come back…at least once… Body Suits maybe… ugghhhh…. try going to the bathroom in a hurry in one of those…..
Anyone see the Shape of Water?
I really liked that movie. I saw it twice just to try to understand it.
I saw the Tonya Harding movie and was not as impressed with it.