The Love Club (2013)
1) Lorde has said this song is about a time when she fell into “a bad crowd.” Her high-maintenance new friends were all about their romantic dramas and it overwhelmed her. Have you ever had a friend who was just too much work?
Haven’t we all? We just get sucked into their drama and it is always about them until we wake up and walk away…
2) She sings that she longs to be alone. Where do you go when you want peace and quiet?
I like to take a warm shower.
3) Lorde credits her mother for encouraging her verbal skills. “Mum” let her join a theater class when she was just 5 and was always giving her books. Tell us about an encouraging, understanding adult who assisted you when you were growing up.
My older sister was pretty cool.
4) Lorde is not the only celebrity from her class at Belmont School in Auckland, New Zealand. Olympian Eliza McCartney was a classmate who went on to win a bronze medal in Rio for the pole vault. Did you participate in any sports in high school?
6) Lorde wrote music for one of the Hunger Games soundtracks. Have you seen any of the Hunger Games movies, or read any of the books?
Just when I have glanced at one while flipping through the channels with my remote.
7) Her favorite candy is Peanut M&Ms. Do you prefer Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Almond, Mint or Cripsy M&Ms?
I have not had one in years. I have enjoyed the Atkins version of M&Ms however.
8) When Lorde was on stage at Lollapalooza, a sudden storm interrupted her set. The music festival was evacuated and her performance was cancelled. Can you think of a time when the weather had a major impact on your plans?
We had some ice last weekend. I stayed home and got my stuff done.
9) Random question: Please complete this sentence — Before I leave the house, I always __________________________.
Pee. I’m sure that I am not the only one who does.
Yay! I’m back on my site.
I took my schnauzer to the vet today.
She thinks that my dog had a stroke. However, it could be a brain tumor as they display the same symptoms. We would need an MRI to know for sure. Since she is 12, I will just assume it was a stroke and take care of her until it gets too bad for her to handle.
See ya next weekend.