s There Life Out There? (1992)
1) This song is about a woman who married at 20. It’s estimated that the average American groom is 2.5 years older than his bride. Why do you suppose that is?
Duh. Gals are more mature.
2) A 2014 study shows the bigger the age gap in a marriage, the more likely the couple is to divorce. What do you think is the reason for most divorces?
3) Reba’s second marriage recently ended. Statistics show that second marriages are more likely than first marriages to wind up in divorce. Why do you suppose that is?
Some folks just don’t do relationships.
4) This week’s featured artist, Reba McEntire, was discovered when she sang The National Anthem at an Oklahoma City rodeo. Have you ever been to the rodeo?
5) Reba dropped out of Southeastern Oklahoma State University to go to Nashville and pursue a recording career. In that way, she’s like the woman she sings about in this week’s song. “She’s done what she should, should she do what she dares?” Do you ever regret a risk or opportunity you didn’t take?
The old ‘fork in the road..’ The grass is always greener so I am grateful for the way things are.
6) Reba’s heroine is “dying to try something foolish, do something crazy, or just get away.” Does that sound like you? What would you do, just for yourself, if time and money were no object?
I’d get that stupid bag full of stuff that I loaded up on Kohls.com to freaking work. I keep getting an access code error message. All day long my basket sits there full of my snagged up bargains. Chat dude took over 5 minutes to respond so I clicked out of there….
7) Reba recently became a spokesperson for Kentucky Fried Chicken. Whose chicken do you eat most often: Popeye’s, Church’s, Chick-fil-A or KFC?
Neither. I choose life.
8) In 2001, Reba starred in her own sitcom. On the show, her character is first an administrative assistant and then a real estate agent. Have you ever tried your hand at either of those occupations? If not, which do you think you would be a better fit for you?‘
Neither. I’d suck at both. Come on. We’ve been doing this S-9 thing for like 10 years. You know me.
9) Random question: Which of these super powers would you rather have — extraordinary strength or invisibility?
I can really use some strength right now. Especially after the ‘discussion’ that I had with the gal at the vets office when I called to say that I wanted to put my dog out of her pain tonight..as the dog was moaning in pain in the background. Miss ‘Sympathy- not!’ told me that they can take us on Monday at 9:30. I told her that I did not think that the dog would be alive on Monday. I hung up on her. I’ve spent a lot of money in that office over the past week between 3 dogs one of which she knew what on her way out. So…I’m looking for a new vet.
Yay for Spring weather this weekend anyway…